Estate planning entails managing your property during your lifetime and insuring of its proper disposition after your death through wills, trusts, and a variety of legal planning devices.
We work with our clients to design personalized estate plans that reflect their unique situations. Our clients share their hopes, dreams, values and goals with us. We listen and help them understand their options. The result of such thoughtful planning is an estate plan that works. No estate is too small for careful planning.
When you are no longer available to care for your loved ones, Jewel &Stoneman will ensure that the people you have chosen to administer your wishes have the information, guidance, and resources they need.
Our plans promote harmony within the family and provide a lasting legacy that will continue to reflect our clients’ values and ideals for generations to come.
Jewel & Stoneman represents a variety of families at different stages of life:
- Two parent families and single parent families wishing protect their children and themselves,
- Unmarried couples who are either solidifying their relationship through proper planning or dissolving their relationship with the assistance of caring counsel,
- Alternative families negotiating the challenges of creating new relationships,
- High net worth families seeking strategies to minimize estate and income taxes,
- Family business owners seeking ways to protect and expand their businesses and considering how and when to transition to the next generation of ownership,
- Estate executors and beneficiaries navigating the court system and the probate administration process,
- Family members carrying out the legacy of a loved one through a trust administration,
- Executors, trustees and beneficiaries seeking to resolve conflicts,
- Families and individuals giving to the community.
Typical estate plans include a revocable living trust, power of attorney, durable powers of attorney and advanced health care directives. Engage our firm to work with you to develop a comprehensive and customized plan that is right for your family situation.